Thursday, November 20, 2014

Swoonworthy Gifts

I adore gift posts, especially when they're book/writing centered, like the ones Swoon Reads puts together periodically, or boards you can find on Pinterest. I adore Oprah's favorite things, and harbor a fair amount of resentment and jealousy that I never got to participate live. I adore wandering around the mall during the Christmas season and coo'ing over all the adorable kitschy stuff that shows up in late December that I never actually remember to add to my Christmas list. You know, the stuff you wish people would pick out for you, but never really think to. :)

Here are some of my favorites I've discovered thus far in the 2014 Holiday Season. They're loosely categorized under Writing Inspiration, Swoonworthy, and Family Friendly/Homebody. Maybe something will spark a gift idea for a loved one, or earn a spot on your personal list. Wishing you all a warm and wonderful holiday season - here's to reading and writing by the fire!

Writing Inspiration


1) Great American Authors Wall Calendar

Channel your literary hero with this wall calendar that features a silhouette and quote from a different American author each month. Includes Emily Dickinson, Mark Twain, Harper Lee, Ralph Waldo Emerson and more. Each month shows a grid calendar and colorful background artwork.



http://www.papersource.com/item/2015-Great-American-Authors-Wall-Calendar/3204_016/530056.html


 2) Pouch for the Inspiring Author

Perfect for pens, jump drives, and Starbucks gift cards




http://www.papersource.com/item/Never-Give-Up-Pouch/3301.021/519533.html


3) Texts from Jane Eyre

Mallory Ortberg, the co-creator of the cult-favorite website The Toast, presents this whimsical collection of hysterical text conversations from your favorite literary characters. Everyone knows that if Scarlett O’Hara had an unlimited text-and-data plan, she’d constantly try to tempt Ashley away from Melanie with suggestive messages. If Mr. Rochester could text Jane Eyre, his ardent missives would obviously be in all-caps. And Daisy Buchanan would not only text while driving, she’d text you to pick her up after she totaled her car. Based on the popular web-feature, Texts from Jane Eyre is a witty, irreverent mashup that brings the characters from your favorite books into the twenty-first century.




http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/texts-from-jane-eyre-and-other-conversations-with-your-favorite-literary-characters-book/3798585?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1520&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-2_4_B


4) Stay Focused notebook

Keep all those ideas and outlines close at hand, and keep your eye on the prize - that complete manuscript!



http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ban-do-stay-focused-notebook/3878686?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=7108&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-4_20_A



Swoonworthy

1) Friend love is swoonworthy, too!

Filled with delightful art by Yumi Sakugawa, this book is a humorous tale of two friends who really friend-love each other. Makes a great lighthearted and delightful gift for your best friend.




http://www.papersource.com/item/I-Think-I-Am-In-Friend-Love-With-You/3307.010/9781440573026.html


2) Sweet Talk Pens

"You're better than unicorns!" And one of the ink colors is called "mermaid!" Obviously I had to buy these to toss into my tote. Plus, they have hearts on their caps.




http://www.papersource.com/item/Sweet-Talk-Pens/3202.050/825466928282.html


3) Neon Heart Tote Bag

The aforementioned tote...(did I mention I have this horrible habit of buying up my Christmas list in November because I'm impatient?)





http://www.papersource.com/item/Neon-Heart-Tote-Bag/3303-050/519390.html

4) Holiday Flying Wish Paper

This idea is so damn swoon-worthy. I'm totally inspired to write a holiday story and include this as a central feature...

Make all your wishes come true with the Holiday Wish Paper! Write your special wish on the flying wish paper, shape your paper into a tube and place it on the wish platform. Light the top edge of the tube and watch it burn down to a small beautiful flame. A great party gift and activity to share positive wishes and send them symbolically out into the universe.




http://www.papersource.com/item/Holiday-Flying-Wish-Paper/3303-047/783583898393.html


5) Heart Sweatshirt (avail. at H&M)

comfy and cute, dress it up or down...




Family Friendly/Homebody


1) Mug - NFT necessary :)



http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/thats-all-you-are-the-luckiest-guy-in-the-world-i-would-love-to-be-married-to-me-mug/3631749?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=8127&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_21_B

2) Rainy Day candle

So comforting on a rainy day!



http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/primitives-by-kathy-mason-jar-candle/3578577?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=8724&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-3_23_D


3) Panda Jammies

We love pandas in my house, and these are so cute and comfortable-looking.



http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kensie-cozy-applique-thermal-pajamas/3835984?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Navy+Geo%2F+Penguin&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A


4) All Is Calm Pillow

"Silent Night" is one of my favorite carols, and this pillow would be so soothing beside a fire. Would totally curl up with a book and this beauty on my lap.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/primitives-by-kathy-all-is-calm-pillow/3767184?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2490&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_7_C


5) HOME art

Yep. I took the gift card I got for my birthday to buy new Tory Burch flats and immediately forgot about them when I saw this and decided I HAD to have it. I thought it was an astounding display of maturity on my part. :) (Until my husband pointed out it was nothing more than an impulse buy and he could have made me this himself for about 1/15 the cost.) But the dandelion line got me. It IS my daughter and I have to have this on my wall. It's pretty and it justifies my ignoring the dishes in the sink.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/home-the-place-where-toys-are-on-the-floor-repurposed-wood-wall-art/3637483?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=0&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_1_A



Happy Shopping, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment